• I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react
unpredictably on occasions.
• I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
• I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by
staff and instructors at the riding school.
• I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
• I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity oF
an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whist riding,
leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear
a body protector.
• I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree
to always be honest and volunteer information about:
• my abilities and riding experience
• any previous riding accidents
• any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
• I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children
that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding
• I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational
• I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if
I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the
experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any
doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter.
-I understand that being around horses and on a yard carries a risk of injury, I accept that risk